Summer Reading Program 2023: Find Your Voice
Saturday, June 3rd through Saturday, August 5th
Find Your Voice: A Summer Reading Program for all ages! Read and share stories, express yourselves, and spark change this summer at your Library.
Sign up at the Library starting Saturday, June 3rd.
How the Program Works
Children (0 to 11)
- For every 10 books that a participant reads, they will receive a small prize and a raffle ticket for the grand prize.
- As participants bring in their completed Summer Reading Program trifold, staff will “stamp” their paper when they have been given a prize and a ticket.
- Parents and/or caregivers MUST initial by their child’s completed number of books in order for them to receive their prize and ticket.
Teens (12 to 18) & Adults (19+)
- For every 5 books that a participant reads, they get a chance to win their appropriate grand prize.
- Participants will fill out the form with their name, phone number, and the names of the books that they’ve read and/or listened to.
- Once that information is complete, the participant can drop it in the appropriate grand prize bucket!
Reading Program Prizes for Children
- 10 Books: Hand Clapper
- 20 Books: Mini Spiral Notebook
- 30 Books: Monical’s Coupon
- 40 Books: Guitar Pop-It
- 50 Books: Inflatable Microphone
Children’s Grand Prize: Karaoke Machine
Teen Grand Prize: Adventure Gift Basket
Adult Grand Prize: Bookish Gift Basket
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there certain types of books that we’re required to read?
Absolutely not! Books, graphic novels, eBooks, and Audiobooks all count towards the Summer Reading Program.
Can I read more than the number of books shown on my passport or bookmark?
Yes! Please read as much as you would like. However, prizes and raffle tickets for children will only be given up to 50 books.
Can I redeem my tickets past August 5th?
Unfortunately, all passports and forms must be turned in on or before 5th.
My child cannot read by themselves, can they still participate?
Yes! All children are encouraged to participate. If your child cannot read, read to them instead!
Do we have to wait until the end of the program to redeem our prizes?
No. We encourage you to collect your prizes as you earn them.
Can the prizes be delivered?
No. All prizes must be picked up in person at the Tolono Public Library District.
If you have any questions regarding the Summer Reading Program, please email Rachel Stewart at email@example.com or call the Library at (217) 485-5558.