Dear Tolono Public Library District Community Members,
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, the Tolono Public Library will close to the public for an indefinite period beginning Tuesday, March 17th.
All programming, outreach, and meeting room bookings have been canceled as well. We will continue to monitor this situation and will reassess as new information becomes available. Closing the Library for an extended period is a difficult decision, but the health and safety of our community and staff are our first priority. We apologize for any inconvenience.
During the closure period:
- Please hold onto library materials you have until the library re-opens. Drop boxes for materials are closed, so please don’t return anything – just stay home and enjoy your materials longer.
- All library materials already checked out or checked out will be given an extended due date until May 1st.
- Online services are available with your library card and PIN number.
- Using our Virtual Library on our website, you can download eBooks, audiobooks, magazines along with other opportunities.
- We will be sharing additional resources you can enjoy at home on our website and Facebook page while our building remains closed.
- All items on the hold shelf will remain on the hold shelf until we reopen.
- During this time, we are not accepting any donations.
Although the library will be closed to the public, library staff members will be available to answer phone calls, monitor emails, address inquiries through Facebook, assist with account issues, and help with e-resources from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and normal business hours on weekends during the closure.
We appreciate your understanding, and we hope to see you in person soon!
Rebecca Morgan-Boyd, Board President &
Janet Cler, Library Director